2019 National Bike Summit
Early Bird Registration Ends April 12th!
The 3rd National Bike Summit will take place in Ottawa on May 13th-14th, 2019.
(pre-conference sessions start May 12)
See the program.
Building on the success of the 1st and 2nd National Bike Summits, this event will bring together cycling and active transportation stakeholders from across the country, so that together, we can take tangible steps towards building a bike friendly Canada.
The theme of the 3rd National Bike Summit is “Pedal Power: People, Planet, Profits”
- Illustrate how investments in cycling will lead to a healthier, greener and more prosperous Canada
- Demonstrate the need and importance of Federal leadership to advance everyday cycling in Canada
- Mobilize cycling stakeholders to work together to achieve a bike and active transportation friendly Canada
- Meet with Parliamentarians and elected officials from all levels of government and discuss cycling
Who should attend?
- Representatives of local and provincial cycling organizations
- National stakeholders from allied sectors of health, sustainable mobility, environment, education, law, equity and more
- Government – Municipal, Provincial, Federal departments and ministries representing Parks and Recreation, Health, Small Business, Tourism,
Sports, Environment, Transportation and Infrastructure
- Industry – outdoor and sporting equipment, clothing, mobility, food and beverage , data collection, information technology, logistics and
- Thought leaders, academics and students on the cutting edge of sustainable urban mobility research
BONUS: Participants who register before April 12th can opt to be included in a day of meetings with Members of Parliament, Senators and other national representatives to move the bike-friendly agenda forward. Add your voice to the pan-Canadian call for safe, convenient, accessible cycling for all ages and abilities!
MAY 12 – PRE CONFERENCE SESSION:
National Trails and Greenways – A meeting and discussion of the future of greenways and federal policy on trails across Canada.
Location: Cartier Suites
Time: 1:30 – 4:30pm
More info to come!
(Sign up for the pre-conference session using the button below.)